A mother and her teen daughter were hospitalized after a 9,000-gallon tanker caused an explosion today between Broadway and Main Street on Slauson Ave.
Both are expected to survive after suffering both minor and severe burns.
Residents who lived near the tank called police to say they smelled gas. While firefighters were responding to the call, an explosion was triggered by the tank which was leaking natural gas next door.
Only one residence burned during the fire.
Police are still investigating the reason a 9,000-gallon tank was at the location and what business the owner was operating as. A total of 72 fire-fighters helped to extinguish the fire.