Crenshaw District, Los Angeles–After 57 years serving Watts and Los Angeles, Jordan’s Hot Dogs has closed their doors, due to issues with their current landlord at their Crenshaw location.
When asked why they were choosing to close, Jordan’s Hot Dogs relayed:
“Gentrification efforts in our area! four developers in last four years. The last developer was foreclosed on and we didn’t even know. We have never missed any lease payments through all these new owners.
The new owner wants to sell to get apartments built at the address. They are not interested in a small business in the community. We received no help from local programs, the councilman or Destination Crenshaw to help or assist to buy the property.
We decided to retire. All of us are over 65 and we will still support our areas we are 3rd generation Jordans who care!”
Founders Oranee and husband Curtis Jordan opened the original Jordan’s Hot Dogs located at 1330 E Imperial Hwy, across from the Nickerson Garden Projects in 1965.
Video: Fast Media Inc