L.A County Officials Say Letter About Coronavirus in Carson Is Fake

Carson, CA–The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is reported to have released a statement today, debunking a letter claiming that there is a coronavirus outbreak in Carson.

Carson Police Department contacted public health officials after becoming aware that the letter was being spread on Facebook, who deemed the information as false. According to authorities, there is NO current threat to public health from the Coronavirus in Los Angeles County.

Conaviruses are said to be common, typically causing mild respiratory symptoms including coughing and a runny nose. But some are more serious such as Sars, which is said to be deadly. 

So far, two cases of the virus have been confirmed in the U.S, according to sources such as MSNBC. They also report there are currently 63 “patients under investigation” in the U.S. 

Read More: CDC confirms second US case of coronavirus and is monitoring dozens of other potential cases

“U.S. health officials said Friday they diagnosed a second patient with the China coronavirus — a Chicago woman who returned from Wuhan with the infection, and they are monitoring dozens of other potential cases here.”

About slausongirl

Slauson Girl is a South Central native who has a love for journalism, history and all things Hip-Hop. She holds a B.A in Critical Race & Gender Theory & a Minor in Journalism. Follow Me on IG @Slausongirl

Check Also

L.A Councilman Mark Ridley-Thomas & Former USC Dean Federally Indicted

Los Angeles, CA– Los Angeles career politician Mark Ridley-Thomas and former USC Dean Marilyn Louise …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *